YRT/Viva Service Planning includes the design, planning and monitoring of new routes and existing services. Extensive research, analysis and field investigations are conducted in order to build an innovative, reliable and customer-focused transit system for York Region.
For information on service adjustments to current service, visit our Service Changes page.
The 2016 YRT/Viva Annual Service Plan (ASP) translates the strategic direction presented in Moving to 2020: YRT/Viva 2016-2020 Strategic Plan, into the specific actions and service initiatives that will be implemented in the first year of the GTA Rapid Transit Integration phase.
The 2016 YRT/Viva ASP was adopted by York Regional Council on September 24, 2015 (pending budget approval) and is provided in sections below for you to download and view (PDF files):
4. 2016 Service Initiatives:
- Part one (Viva)
- Part two (City of Vaughan)
- Part three (City of Vaughan continued)
- Part four (City of Markham)
- Part five (Town of Richmond Hill, Town of Newmarket)
- Part six (Town of Aurora, Town of Georgina, Town of East Gwillimbury, Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville, Township of King)
- Part seven (2016 Initiatives Implementation)
8. Next Steps
2017 Annual Service Plan
The 2017 YRT/Viva Annual Service Plan (ASP) plan translates the strategic direction presented in Moving to 2020, YRT/Viva 2016-2020 Strategic Plan and the York Region Transportation Master Plan into the specific actions and service initiatives that will be implemented in the second year of the GTA Rapid Transit Integration phase.
The 2017 YRT/Viva ASP was approved by York Regional Council on September 22, 2016, and is provided in sections below for you to download and view (PDF files):
- Part one (City of Vaughan)
- Part two (Town of Richmond Hill)
- Part three (Town of Newmarket)
- Part four (Town of Aurora)
- Part five (Town of Georgina)
- Part six (Town of East Gwillimbury)
- Part seven (Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville)
- Part eight (Township of King)
8. Next Steps
YRT/Viva Spadina Subway Transit Strategy
The TTC Spadina Subway Extension brings high-capacity, frequent transit service in the Region, seamlessly crossing the municipal boundary between York Region and Toronto. The Spadina Subway Transit Strategy (SSTS) outlines proposed changes to the YRT/Viva bus route network as a result of the extension and three new subway stations in York Region: Pioneer Village Station, Highway 407 Station and Vaughan Metropolitan Centre Station (VMC), along with York University.
The report is provided in sections below for you to download and view (PDF files):
1. Executive Summary/Introduction (6MB PDF)
2. Contracted TTC Routes in York Region (4MB PDF)
3. Pioneer Village Station (6MB PDF)
4. Highway 407 Station (2MB PDF)
Moving to 2020: YRT/Viva 2016-2020 Strategic Plan
YRT/Viva is now entering the 2016-2020 GTA Rapid Transit Integration phase. The 2016-2020 Strategic Plan will guide YRT/Viva through this phase of the Transit Life Cycle.
VivaNext is the next generation of rapid transit in York Region. VivaNext plans for a modern, rapid transit system include rapidways (dedicated transit lanes), subway service and mixed-use transit/pedestrian-friendly centres.
Visit vivanext.com for the latest developments, construction updates and more.
Transit Service Guidelines
YRT/Viva's Transit Service Guidelines are intended to make the services that we provide comfortable, convenient and easy to use for customers, and to ensure that services are designed to be reliable, safe and efficient.